We began as a social club in 1991, and have developed into an IRS 501(c)(3) educational and charitable non-profit corporation dedicated to these purposes:
- To promote and preserve the cultural tradition of Irish dancing, music, literature, and art.
- To focus on traditional Irish ceili and set dancing by sponsoring weekly instructional dance classes.
- To participate in community parades and in Irish and Celtic festivals.
- To present Irish dance performances at a variety of venues including senior centers, retirement homes, community functions, and public and private schools.
- To provide opportunities for its members and the local community to participate in and attend events involving Irish dancing, music, literature, and art.
We operate under a set of Bylaws and annual membership meeting guidelines. Our all-volunteer Board of Directors, officers, and committees make us go. Comprising the current board are (officers are shown against a green background):
|Kate M.||Chair and Coordinator|
|Tom O.||Vice-Chair and Assistant Coordinator|
Members may review the minutes of the Board of Directors meetings by contacting the Secretary.
Our Syllabus Committee develops the list of dances to be taught, per this mission statement:
"To select those dances that will provide the most entertainment, enjoyment, and satisfaction to members of the Ring of Kerry Irish Dancers."